After an ungodly 30 hours of traveling to Korea, I finally made it. You probably did one of these faces :-O. Yup, thirty hours. And to top it off, the Chinese girl I sat next to on the way to Japan was very hard to wake up. If I had to get up to use the bathroom, she wouldn't budge. I had to do a back layout round off ala Nadia Comaneci over her to use the bathroom.
Everyone in Korea has been great, though, but I have yet to eat authentic Korean food. Let's face it, Kimchi is not breakfast food. Not for me, at least. Unless I want to sit on the toilet for the remainder of Orientation.
I haven't taken pictures yet, because I am just very lazy and I couldn't be bothered with lugging anything with me other than my American pride.
But, let me just say, walking out of Incheon Airport to a nice snowy scenery was very moving. Moving because I slipped on the icy wet sidewalk and completely missed my bus. Yeah, so instead of arriving at the dorms around 9 pm, I got here around 3 in the AM. I was the last person to arrive.
I've met a lot of the other Busan teachers here. The bad part with the Asian American teachers here is you can't tell if they're the Korean staff. 99% of them speak English exclusively, so we're pretty screwed. I'm especially screwed. I'm still in Florida mode, so when a Korean ask if I can speak Korean, I say "Un poquito" much to their confusion.
I will blog more and add pictures as I go about my week here. I hope everyone is safe and warm in Florida. It is COLD here. It's still snowing. I think I can get used to the snow. Sans the slip and fall. That I can do without. If you didn't know, I did a good job messing up my foot before I left America because I fell over my sister's doggy. My foot is black and blue. At least it's not green anymore.
Bye bye for now in Korea. I love you guys!
PS. Comment and lemme know how you guys are doing!
9 comments:
Paolo we need you to come in and work Saturday.
I'm glad to see that you've made it to Korea safely and are having a good time! Hopefully you get to eat authentic Korean food soon! You should eat Kimchi Chigae, yummy! Especially during the winter. Or just any kind of stew!
Molly says "woo-wooo" and hi, and she's very sorry she hurt your foot. We hope you have a fun first week!
Hi Paolo,
So glad you made your trip to Korea in one piece, literally! Sorry I missed your farewell lunch. I ended up in TGH for 4 days. I am on that stupid PICC again. (that antibiotic resistant sinus infection..yay- NOT)
I know you will do well, and will come away from this experience with some great memories.
Enjoy your time in Korea.
-Pam
Glad to hear you made it there safely, Put don't forget you are not in Mexico, Chico! Usted' habla Korean?
Miss you my friend!
LOL WHAT! Youre a classic Floridian. Slip and fall on ice. That's really lame man. Enjoy everything. Don't take things for granted and God bless.
USF is getting packed, so if you ever come back, don't come back to USF. LOL.
God bless, buddy! Tyler
Hi! Paolo,
Glad to hear you made it there okay! I survived my surgery. I watched Zimmern last night and thought of you....hope you get to start your own little culinary adventures around South Korea of course after school and grading homework, hahah! I wish you the very best. Have fun and be safe.
I will miss you at work this weekend!
Al
I miss you Pao. I'm glad you got there safe. I can't wait to see pictures! Hope your foot gets better.
Well, this web is definitely not auntie mimi freindly.I types all of my comment and it will not post.Now, i am pissed but I still want to let you know that I missed having you around and definitely missed last Sat as we hanged out and ate at your house.Take care of your foot and looked forward on your next unfortunate experience.Glad you're havign a good time and not so good time.Love Bibimbap and I agreed with your Kimchi.I am sure they are a lot hotter than what we normally buy here.Please take care and No lap dancing(I won't tell if you do).
Post a Comment