""I remember the time I was kidnapped and they sent a piece of my finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof."
- Rodney Dangerfield -
- Rodney Dangerfield -
It has been literally a whole week since I've last seen the Sun. The hydrogen-filled star that keeps our Solar System from imploding, the entity that maintains photosynthesis to Earth's vegetation, the luminous astronomical wonder that allows Floridians to maintain that sickly, leather-like tan. The weather here in Busan has thus far been: rainy, windy, cold, freezing, and morgue-like. Fortunately for me jackets here are pretty inexpensive. I also tend to use public transportation like the Bus, and they're always packed with warm Koreans. Buses are like moving saunas, I find. Except, I don't get naked on the bus. Anymore.
So, I started my job at the high school. I work at Dongeui Technical High School. It's an all-boys high school where they learn how to operate ships. I'm not even kidding. My job is to help them with conversational English, however, so to tie in the whole ship theme I will teach them how to curse like American sailors. Should be fun. I haven't actually taught yet, because my classroom is being renovated. This week I've been proofreading their brochures and power point presentations. I also spend a good deal of the morning surfing the internet, eating cookies, and watching Youtube videos. I'm getting paid to do this. You are jealous.
I finally got internet at my apartment yesterday, so I'm pretty excited! I downloaded a lot of movies from iTunes this morning. I've watched Hurt Locker, Zombieland, and I've got 2010 to see later. There's a really nice movie theater near downtown Busan in the Lotte Department store in the picture you see above. We haven't gone, yet, because there are so many things to explore in Busan. We've only really hit the younger crowd scene, and I'm itching to see more historic areas.
I hope everyone is well. I haven't gotten sick yet (knock on wood), but I think I'm pretty safe considering there are ten clinics and a big hospital in walking distance from my home. I also have Soju bars in close proximity should I not be able to afford anesthetics.
Happy weekend.
Pao
So, I started my job at the high school. I work at Dongeui Technical High School. It's an all-boys high school where they learn how to operate ships. I'm not even kidding. My job is to help them with conversational English, however, so to tie in the whole ship theme I will teach them how to curse like American sailors. Should be fun. I haven't actually taught yet, because my classroom is being renovated. This week I've been proofreading their brochures and power point presentations. I also spend a good deal of the morning surfing the internet, eating cookies, and watching Youtube videos. I'm getting paid to do this. You are jealous.
I finally got internet at my apartment yesterday, so I'm pretty excited! I downloaded a lot of movies from iTunes this morning. I've watched Hurt Locker, Zombieland, and I've got 2010 to see later. There's a really nice movie theater near downtown Busan in the Lotte Department store in the picture you see above. We haven't gone, yet, because there are so many things to explore in Busan. We've only really hit the younger crowd scene, and I'm itching to see more historic areas.
I hope everyone is well. I haven't gotten sick yet (knock on wood), but I think I'm pretty safe considering there are ten clinics and a big hospital in walking distance from my home. I also have Soju bars in close proximity should I not be able to afford anesthetics.
Happy weekend.
Pao
2 comments:
Yes. I am jealous. So jealous in fact that if you keep bragging about your international exploits I will call Interpol and tell them you're really from North Korea and was sent there to spy on them and influence their children, starting at a young age. Then, after they arrest you and throw you in a dark, damp prison, I will send you continuous pictures of the sun. I love you, Pao! Thank you for the "belated" birthday wishes, considering my birthday's on the 15th. Asshole. Lol.
It is remarkable, it is rather valuable answer
Post a Comment