"Anyone who thinks my story is anywhere near over is sadly mistaken."
- Donald Trump -
It is now July and I'm bracing for my 142nd day living in the Hermit Kingdom. 142 days ago I landed in Incheon International Airport with just a week's worth of clothes, a small backpack, and the desire to meet new people, learn a new culture, and eat all the animals that stand in my way. My 142 days of manic, caffeine-driven escapades has led me to eating raw cow meat, awing at gold-coated Buddhist temples, acupuncture to the face, and, of course, screaming at high school boys for being high school boys. Not a bad gig at all.
Of course, I do miss the benefits of home. Two words: turkey bacon. Oh, turkey bacon, how I've taken thee for granted. I actually had a dream about eating scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and a side of corned beef. I think I also died in the dream as it all happened inside an IHOPS.
I've also been slacking with this blog as of late. We've just finished with the finals (the freshman did awesome in their English final!), and now I'm tasked with preparing for English Summer Camp. I'm teaching high school students during the morning and adults in the afternoon. Fortunately it'll only be for three weeks and then I'll be headed to Japan!


Of course, I do miss the benefits of home. Two words: turkey bacon. Oh, turkey bacon, how I've taken thee for granted. I actually had a dream about eating scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and a side of corned beef. I think I also died in the dream as it all happened inside an IHOPS.
I've also been slacking with this blog as of late. We've just finished with the finals (the freshman did awesome in their English final!), and now I'm tasked with preparing for English Summer Camp. I'm teaching high school students during the morning and adults in the afternoon. Fortunately it'll only be for three weeks and then I'll be headed to Japan!
If you're curious about why I wanted to make my blog private, it was because I had a sneaky suspicion that one of the teachers in the school found my blog and was reading it. It was just an issue of my freedom to express concerns and opinions liberally without worrying about repercussions if it were school related. However, I've decided to just keep mum about those issues and I'll vent through Skype.
I'm also leaving for a trip to Daegu this weekend, so I'll probably not be on Skype until late Sunday afternoon (my time). Plans for Daegu are definitely arbitrary as it predicted to rain all weekend. Then, again, the weatherman definitely lost his credibility since he told us that rain will be aplenty across Busan last weekend. We saw a slight shower or two, but other than that, rabbits were frolicking in the grass, butterflies with fluttering about, and Korean cab drivers were running over pedestrians. Normal day per usual.
3 comments:
GORGEOUS pictures! I love them! My turn comes next week. Puerto Rico, here I come! Can't wait. I miss you. Whenever you come to visit me again, I'll make you turkey bacon, scrambled eggs, and my magical corn beef hash. Love you!
was wondering what happened to you. anyway, when's your contract up? i don't see you lasting another 142 days without your precious bacon. lol take care, buddy
LA
@ Sherry: WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME.
@ Larry: You're never on facebook anymore. And yes, I could go for some vege or turkey bacon.
Post a Comment