Thursday, May 20, 2010

Apocalypse Pao


The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.
Proverbs 18:10

Hi, all. I just wanted to keep all of you posted on what's going on between North Korea and South Korea. If you haven't heard or read, South Korea officially blamed Kim Jong Il's North Korea for sinking the ROK ship Cheonan from late March. Based on the news here and internationally, the communist North is pretty upset with these allegations and have threatened to declare war should the South and her allies retaliate. What will happen next is up in the air, but we were told initially to just go about with our lives and to not worry. Apparently, Kim Jong Il pouts like a big whiny baby and often wags his finger at South Korea and her American ally, and thus far have all been empty threats.

Things are going about as normal as "normal" is around this part of the world. However, the worrisome mood has been fairly discernible these past few days. Before the attack on the South Korean ship, the teachers would tell me not to worry about the North. Harmless is what they described them. Now, the response would be "Mulayo" (I don't know).

Don't worry. We get updates from the US Embassy and we're told that if we ever need to flee South Korea that we would be alerted in advance. My vacation plans will continue as planned and I should be back in one piece on Sunday afternoon. Famous last words? Haha. I'm just kidding.



My Neighbor Totoro! ^0^ I won him in a balloon game.



On a much happier note, thank you guys for the Birthday wishes whether it was on here, Facebook, e-mail, Skype, Twitter, or Snail Mail (Mandy, thank you!!) I appreciated it. I had a good time. Went out with some foreign and Korean friends to Seomyeon, which is what I can describe as the nucleus of Busan (some will beg to differ). Had a great time, but a few of us came home late and paid for it come class time. Haha.

I'll keep all of you posted and I hope everyone is doing great.

And, oh, just a fun fact about the first picture: I almost slipped and fell from that ledge. My Korean friend was cursing at me the entire time to get off and was hesitant to take a picture. Korea is like a huge playground.

3 comments:

SherBear said...

You would have deserved to fall. Lol. You're not supposed to go to the edge, EDGE. Just to the edge. Totoro is cute! :-) Gorgeous pictures....Oh, guess what? I might be able to go to Puerto Rico in July. The traveling bug has hit. BWAHAHAHAHA! I miss you and love you. Dodge hugs from fat ladies, not bullets. Eat it, North Korea.

LA said...

I was waiting on Skype to wish you a Happy Birthday, man!! Well, too late. Nice pics. Enjoy your trip and play it smart. How is your allergy? Still have the meth addict look?

LA

Devon said...

Aw, I missed your birthday! Happy Birthday! Haha.

I'm glad you're still enjoying Korea. :D I may delay my visiting/moving plans until all this has settled down though, if you don't mind. ;)